Approval Letter is a letter issued by Vietnam Immigration Department that allows you to enter and exit Vietnam for a given time period (1 month or 3 month – single/multiple entry). With the approval letter, you can pick up your visa upon arrival at one of three international airports in Vietnam (Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Da Nang).
This is considered the “KEY” document for you to check in your international flight to Vietnam. Without the approval letter, you will be denied on Board. Check out the sample of approval letter, click here
Travellers will surely be granted entry upon arrival in Vietnam with the approval letter by following these steps:
- Go online: www.vietnamvisa.govt.vn
- Input information correctly (Full name/ Date of birth/ Passport number/ Nationality/ Gender/ Date of arrival/ Type of Visa ) for Online Application
- A colored scanned copy of the approval letter will be sent to you by email, so please make sure that you provide us with the correct email address.
- Print the approval letter (color print is preferred but not required).
At the airport, the corresponding authorities will verify the details on the approval letter based on your passport and travel documents for you to get Visa Stamped on your passport.
Following is a few mistakes that travellers probably make when applying for the Approval Letter:
– Visa on arrival at the border: Vietnam Visa on Arrival is just applicable for Air Travel, it means there is NO on arrival visa for overland/border crossing or sea/water entry.
– Spelling/Typo mistakes: Many applicants fill in the Application form with incorrect information: full name on passport, passport number or date of birth. Normally, that may not be a big problem, however, in some cases; they will be refused by the airline at the departure airport since the information on the letter of approval does not match those in the passport. So, make sure you enter everything correctly and carefully.
If you have any question, please feel free to contact our hotline 24/7: +(84) 1232 320 320