United States citizens need a visa to visit Vietnam. Since 1996, US citizens flying into Vietnam can pick up their Vietnam visa upon arrival to one of Vietnam’s international airports. To streamline the process, Americans traveling to Vietnam should complete their Vietnam visa application online before their trip.
To apply for a Vietnam visa online, American travelers must complete the steps below:
- Submit an online Vietnam visa application form for US citizens.
- Receive a Vietnam Visa Approval Letter from our team.
- Get a Vietnam visa stamp upon arrival at one of Vietnam’s several international airports (Ha Noi/ Da Nang/ Ho Chi Minh city/ Nha Trang).
Notes on Vietnam Visas for Americans
To get a Vietnam visa, US citizens must have a passport that is valid for six months after their Vietnam arrival date. Also, know that American travellers can only get their Vietnam visa on arrival when arriving to Vietnam by air.
As an American traveler to Vietnam, you will need to provide the following information in your Vietnam visa application:
- Your full name, exactly how it appears on your passport (You can place your last name and first name in any order.)
- Your date of birth (Please provide your date of birth in DD/MM/YY format.)
- Your nationality as listed in your passport (If you are a US citizen with multiple passports, be sure to use the nationality of the passport that you use in your Vietnam visa application.)
- Your passport number (The passport number that you provide must match the number in your passport exactly. Also, make sure that your passport is valid for at least six months after your date of arrival into Vietnam.)
- Date of arrival (American travelers to Vietnam can arrive on or after their listed date of arrival.)
- Passport photos (United States citizens traveling to Vietnam must provide passport photos if they arrive to Vietnam by air travel.)
To get started, visit our online Vietnam visa application for American citizens. If you need assistance, please email us at email@example.com or call our hotline at +84 832 320 320.