Vietnam is a popular tourist destination among Indian passport holders. The country is a short flight from India, and the country has tourist attractions for any type of traveler. To plan a trip to Vietnam, check out our Vietnam travel guides. Popular tourist destinations for Indian tourists in Vietnam include Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, Halong Bay, and Phan Thiet.
Sorting out visas is an essential item for Indian passport holders who are planning a trip to Vietnam. Yes, Indian passport holders do need a visa to enter the country. However, with an online application for visas on arrival, it is now easier than ever for Indian citizens to get a Vietnam visa. After applying online, Indians arriving into Vietnam can get their visa on arrival at one of Vietnam’s participating international airports, including Ha Noi, Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh City, and Nha Trang.
What is the best way to get a Vietnam visa for Indian citizens?
To apply for a Vietnam visa as an Indian passport holder, take the following steps:
- Visit www.VietnamVisa.govt.vn.
- Complete the online visa application form.
- Obtain a visa-on-arrival (VOA) approval letter. You will use this letter at the airport in Vietnam to pick up your visa.
Please note that since 2015, we have considered Indian passports to be “difficult” when it comes to acquiring a visa for Vietnam. Indian passport holders face relatively high visa fees, and they must produce a passport copy and proof of a return flight with their visa application. Accordingly, it is best to apply for your Vietnam visa online well before your trip. An early online application will provide extra time to help sort out any issues.
Since 2015, the cost for a visa approval letter for Indian passport holders is as follows:
- US $35 for a one-month, single-entry or multiple-entry visa
- US $45 for a three-month, single-entry visa
- US $65 for a three-month, multiple-entry visa
Points for Indian passport holders to consider when applying for a Vietnam visa
When applying for a Vietnam visa, Indian passport holders should consider the following tips and requirements:
- Before applying for a Vietnam visa, Indian passport holders should make sure that their passports have at least six months of validity from the date of arrival.
- Indian passport holders should have blank pages available for a new stamp.
- The visa-on-arrival (VOA) option is only applicable for Indian passport holders who are traveling by air to Vietnam.
- You must list your date of birth as it appears in your passport exactly. You must use your full name. Please note that the order of your names does not matter.
- You must list the nationality of your passport as your nationality on your Vietnam visa application.
- You must list your passport number exactly as it appears on your passport.
- You can enter Vietnam after your listed date of arrival. However, you can not arrive before your listed date of arrival.
- You must have passport photos for when you arrive in Vietnam and pick up your visa on arrival.
That may sound like a lot to remember! However, do not worry. We will help you with any questions during your Vietnam visa application process.
How to get started on your Vietnam visa
Getting started is easy. Simply navigate to www.VietnamVisa.govt.vn, and complete the online visa application form for Indian passport holders. For further assistance, please email us at email@example.com or call our hotline at (+84) 832 320 320.